Saturday 21 March 2015

Ancillary Product: Making Changes to Poster (2nd Draft)

From reflecting on the feedback that I have received for the first draft of my ancillary poster, it's clear that my audience feel that there should be some more production information at the very bottom of the poster, with one suggesting that social media sites could be referenced here; a suggestion that I am interested in achieving. They also felt that this extra information would make my poster seem more professional and convincing. To do this I continued to use Adobe Photoshop and it's text and shape tools to create this information (screenshot and circled on the image on the right).

The finished additions are pictured above. Firstly, I decided to incorporate the film's BBFC rating at the bottom far left as I noticed that many posters included this within theirs. For example, in Insidious' poster (pictured below) they use a very similar way of displaying the rating underneath the conventional 'Steel Tongs' production information. I used the shape tool to create the square and rectangle and then positioned the text within them.
Another convention that I noticed a lot of film posters abide by is including the production company logos at the bottom as well. I decided to make them exactly the same as seen in my trailer as it saved a lot of time, but it also makes them identifiable for the audience and fans. I copy and pasted the logos that I created in Adobe Premiere (pictured below) and imported them into Photoshop to then scale them down and list them at the bottom of the poster.
One of the most important pieces of information that I wanted to include at the bottom of the poster, which one of my audience commenters suggested as well, was social media references. To do this I searched for the logos of both Facebook and Twitter on Google, so I could then include these next to the url/hashtag. The addition of these logos would then make it recognisable and more noticeable for the audience. The images I chose are featured below.
Both of these images had to be .png files so that their backgrounds would be transparent, meaning that the logo would like it is a part of the poster more, as a white border around the logo would look unprofessional and amateurish. I also had to be careful retrieving images from Google, especially as they are logos of big corporations, as included it on my poster could breach copyright laws. However, as I retrieved these images from a page on their sites that allows you to download their logos for promotional purposes, copyright isn't an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment