Monday 16 March 2015

Ancillary Product: Initial Poster Layout Draft

I have created a rough initial layout that me and Tab are working towards for our ancillary poster product. From my research on other posters within the genre and other promotional posters in general, I have learned the different conventions and styles that are frequently shown and how they are used to persuade the audience to go and watch the film it is promoting. Some of the main conventions that I have illustrated in the image on the left are the use of reviews at the top of the poster, and production information at the bottom, both of which are very common on most film posters. In addition, a focal image is the main focus of the poster, as it instantly draws in the attention from the audience. Also, the actors names is a way that fans of the actors are persuaded to watch the film, and the title of the film is almost always used on a film's poster.

I will be using a mixture of InDesign and Photoshop when creating my poster, InDesign helping us layout the poster the way we want it and a way that is conventional of other posters, whereas Photoshop will help us manipulate our main focal image to fit in with the dark theme and atmosphere that we are wanting for our film and that is conventional for supernatural horrors.

No comments:

Post a Comment