Wednesday 1 April 2015

Ancillary Product: Audience Feedback on Poster

After finishing my poster after editing it to fit the improvements that my target audience suggested for my previous drafts,  I decided to create one more questionnaire to make sure that my final product is effective. With this questionnaire I have decided to ask people from my school, aged between 16-18, a large chunk of our target audience. Below are the results:

1. Does the poster represent a supernatural horror genre effectively?

YES: ||||| |||||
NO:

2. Does the poster present the stereotypical codes and conventions of a real film poster?

YES: ||||| |||||
NO:

3. Does the focal image relate to the title of the film Occupied?

YES: ||||| |||
NO: ||

4. Does the colour palette used effectively link to the genre and focal image?

YES: ||||| ||
NO: |||

5. Do you feel the poster is memorable?

YES: ||||| ||
NO: |||

6. Is the poster eye catching?

YES: ||||| |||
NO: ||

7. Do you like the poster?

YES: ||||| |||||
NO:

8. Would you watch Occupied based off this poster?

YES: ||||| ||||
NO: |

I asked 10 people today. I decided to ask 5 boys and 5 girls in order to have mixed answers from both genders within my young adult target audience. As you can see from the final results that all 10 people that I asked liked the poster which I was really happy with. Also, all 10 people felt that the poster represents the supernatural horror genre clearly, and all 10 people felt that the poster presented the typical codes and conventions of a film poster. This meant that my target audience felt my design was effective at portraying the genre and resembling a professional and convincing film poster. The majority of my voters voted yes on all of the other questions, which I was extremely happy with.I was initially worried that my target audience may not find the poster eye catching due to the lack of bright colours on the poster, but from the feedback it is clear that this is not an issue and the colours can remain like they are.

Overall, I am happy with my final product poster and that it is clear to my audience that it is for a supernatural horror film and that it is convincing as a genuine film poster. As all of the people I asked said they liked the poster and that all but one said they would watch the film because of it, it is clear that my poster appeals to my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment