Friday 24 October 2014

Research: Director Visit

A couple of days ago we were visited by the director of Hollyoaks and M.I. High, Simon Hook. He gave us a talk and offered us tips on how to do an indoor shoot with technical equipment. My partner and I were two of the volunteers that offered to take part in the workshop and we had to decide which shot that he should shoot next in his indoor shoot and tell him why we chose it. He told us how to set up the different cameras and lights to create an effective and appropriate atmosphere for the scene. I have learnt a lot of tips from Simon's visit, most importantly coverage. Coverage is when you film a scene from lots of different angles and then editing them together, which makes it look like there are numerous cameras filming one scene when in fact it's only just one. He also emphasised that we should always start every scene from the beginning and have much more footage to choose from rather than too little.

Overall, Simon's visit was very helpful and I will put his tips into practice when I am filming my own teaser trailer to create an effective final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment